solar-equipped wayside AEI reader
No electrician is needed, great for remote locations, environmentally friendly. The savings of solar is at your fingertips.
Transform your operation with a completely
Wireless powerful wayside AEI reader powered by solar.
Constructed with high efficient polycrystalline solar cells to produce a higher output per module than others in its class. Installing solar over traditional electrical power can save you up to $10,000 in installation cost and at least $600 a year.
Cut back on installation cost, solar has you up and running in no time.
- Fixed AEI Reader with solar power option
- Cellular option is available
- Reading speeds to 40 MPH
- Fully rugged solution built to work in the harsh enviroments (enclosure IP66)
- Quick ROI especially with demurrage issues
- The Solar reads railroad transportation tags AT5110, AT5118, AT5125, AT5133, AT5510, AT5541 and AT5549.
- It has both a USB and Ethernet LAN interface. Up to six devices can simultaneously make a network connection and receive AEI tag data.
- The Solar reader can connect two antennas. A single reader can read tags on both sides of a rail vehicle.
- The Solar reader has two digital inputs and two digital outputs.
- Custom build options are available.
- Class 1, Division 2, (C1D2) Group A, B, C and D
- Up to 256 days onboard data logging
- Pre-wired, fully assembled, QC tested
- Two (2) load connections
- Separated breakers for the array, battery and load
|Operating temp- 40*c- 60*c|
|There are seven main components in the controller’s enclosure. These are:|
|AEI RF Reader|
|12 VDC Power Supply or 24 VDC to 12 VDC converter|
|5 VDC Power Supply or 24 VDC to 5 VDC converter|
|The 120/240 VAC version of the system uses the 12 VDC and 5 VDC power supplies.|
|There are six cable connections that must be made with the Controller. The following is the list of connections:|
|Near antenna 1 coaxial cable (connector is N-Female)|
|Far antenna 2 coaxial cable (connector is N-Female)|
|120 VAC power cable|
|M-Gage presence sensor four wires to terminal block|
|Cellular modem antenna|
|The Solar Reader Solar System shipment contains the following items:|
|Two external antennas and pole mounting brackets (one has a M-Gage presence sensor attached)|
|One Solar Reader Board mounted in the SunWize enclosure (which includes the AEI RF reader, cellular modem, 12 VDC to 5 VDC converter)|
|One 10 foot and one 40 foot coaxial cable|
|Two test AEI tags|
|SunWize Solar System (which includes enclosure, battery, solar panel, control panel and mounting hardware)|
|Max power (Pm) – 90W|
|Nominal Voltage – 12V|
|Maximum system voltage – 600V|
|Dimensions – 47.4in(1204mm)x21.2in(537mm)x1.97in(50mm)|
|Operating Temperature – -40*C- 90*C|
|Max Battery & Load Current – 15|
|Operating Temperature -40*C- 90*C|
|Self Power Consumption – 20 milliamps|
|Battery Voltage Range – 10-35|
The standard Denali AEI Reader includes a cellular modem with a static IP. The AEI Reader Server uses this cellular connection to retrieve data from the Denali AEI Reader and obtain its status. A connection can also be made through a customer’s network, which would further lower the cost by eliminating the cellular modem and the associated service charges.